Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Top Movies of 2013:

1. Before Midnight
2. 12 Years a Slave
3. Inside Llewyn Davis
4. Stories We Tell
5. The Act of Killing
6. Short Term 12
7. Her
8. Frances Ha
9. Enough Said
10. American Hustle
11. Nebraska
12. Gravity
13. Blue is the Warmest Color
14. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
15. The Wolf of Wall Street
16. No
17. Frozen
18. The Great Beauty
19. The Square
20. Captain Phillips

Worst of the Year:
1. Elysium (ugly and generic and cynical and badly-acted)
2. Oz: The Great and Beautiful (just a stupid kid's movie that I really wanted to be good)
3. The Great Gatsby (so many bad choices--and it was boring. The Great Gatsby! Boring?!)
4. Pacific Rim/Man of Steel/Star Trek Into Darkness (should have been great, were all just dumb)
5. Drinking Buddies (ughhh Olivia Wilde's character was completely just a straight man's jizz fantasy)
6. Dirty Wars (distracting visuals and way too narcissistic for a documentary that was trying to be important)
7. Byzantium/Stoker (I only watched these because I was bored)
8. The Counselor/Only God Forgives (obviously the worst movies of the year but so much fun to make fun of!)

You Can See my full list of the 72 movies (and counting) I watched this year on My Letterboxd.


No comments:

Post a Comment